Magento provides lot of flexibility in terms of applying designs that you can switch design of part of the site as and when you need. You might want to change design for promoting one particular category during a festive season or celebration or any special event. You can do this easily with Magento 2 using the design schedule feature available for categories.
Following are the steps for configuring design change for any particular category:
- Login to Magento 2 Admin Panel.
- Navigate to Catalog -> Categories.
- Click on any one of the category on the left side. You will need to click on the + icon to expand and access the sub categories.
- Click open the Design section and choose the Theme & Layout. You can also choose whether you want the theme that you select should be applied to the category’s products also by choosing the “Apply Design to Products”.
- Click open the Schedule Design Update section and dates for Schedule Update From and To date.
- This will apply the design changes (the theme that you have selected) on based on the From date and To date. If you leave these empty the design changes would start to take effect immediately.
- Clear the cache from System -> Cache Management.