Magento is such a complex system that it is built to handle multiple websites within one Magento instance. It provides such flexibility to the store owners that they can manage multiple ecommerce websites under one umbrella. But this may be too much for some users as their need would just be to have a single shopping site for their business.
Magento offer option to enable single store mode such that the site is completely optimized to work with only one store and hence need not have to obtain and save multiple store values. Below are the steps involved to enable single store mode in Magento 2:
- Login to Magento 2 admin panel.
- Navigate to Stores -> Settings -> Configuration.
- Click on the General Menu item under the General Tab in the settings page.
- Click open the Single-Store Mode and change the “Enable Single Store Mode” option to “Yes”.
- Save the configurations by clicking the Save Config button.
- Once you have saved the Configuration, clear the caches to see the new changes take effect.