With Magento 2 BI, you can leverage the Advanced Analytics reports at an affordable price. The main objective behind using Magento Business Intelligence is to acquire and convert new customers and also to retain them. Magento 2 BI is completely based on RJMetrics (acquired by Magento) which provides BigData Analytics service for Small and Midsized Businesses.
To enable and access the Advanced Reporting feature, your site should meet some of the criteria and below are the following:
- Your website must be hosted on a public web server and accessible worldwide.
- The website should have a valid security (SSL) certificate.
- Your Magento installation should have been successful without any issues or errors.
- The Base URL (Secure) in your Magento Store Configuration should be setup with URL containing https.
- Use Secure URLs on Storefront and Use Secure URLs in Admin should be setup with value "Yes".
- Cronjobs should be running properly in the server where Magento is hosted and also that Magento Crontab is created.
In order to view the analytics data, you will have to enable and configure Advanced Reporting from the Magento Admin Panel. Lets go through the step by step process to Enable it.
- Login to Magento 2 Admin Panel.
- Go to Stores -> Configuration. Open up the "General" section on the left and click on the "Advanced Reporting" menu item.
- Change the Advanced Reporting Service option to "Enable".
- Specify the time value at which you wish to send your site data to RJMetrics for Analysis. You can specify an off peak hours time here.
- Choose the value from the Industry dropdown which you think would best suit your site. Click on the "Save Config" button.
Next is to check the Integration status:
- Go to System -> Extensions -> Integration.
- Make sure there is an entry with the Name "Magento Analytics user" and its Status is Active.
- You can establish the user by clicking on the "Reauthorize" link. This would open up a popup and click on the Reauthorize button on the top right of the popup.
- Make sure that the Integration tokens are filled in and click on the "Done" button.
You will have to wait for 1 day or as per the time that you specified in the Configuration section in order for the data to be sent and report being generated. To view the Report, go to Magento Admin Dashboard page by clicking on the Dashboard icon from the left menu. Click on "Go to Advanced Reporting" button. If everything is configured correctly, you will be able to view a page similar to the below screen:
Comment below your thoughts on Magento BI and also let us know if you have any queries.