Categories are a great way to organize your products for displaying in the frontend of the website to your customers. Magento offers category feature by default along with numerous options and flexibility. There may be instance at which you would need to disable or hide the categories for the mean time or permanently due to various reasons like the category products are temporarily unavailable or discontinued.
Hiding categories in Magento is easy that you can still have the product linked to the category but hide the category from getting displayed on the frontend of the website to the customers. Below are the steps to hide categories from the frontend of the website:
- Login to Magento Admin Panel.
- Navigate to Catalog -> Categories.
- On the left side, the categories will be listed in the tree structure. Click on any one of the categories that you want to hide from the website.
- Once you have clicked on the category and the page is loaded, set the Enable Category to No. This will hide the category from the frontend of the website completely.
- Set the Include in Menu option to No. This will keep the category enabled but will remove the reference to the category from the menu only.
- Click open the Display Settings tab and set the Anchor option to No.
- Once done the changes, click on the Save button.