MailChimp is a marketing automation platform and has been used by large number of users worldwide. A prime advantage of MailChimp apart from being the most used email marketing tool is that it supports integration with multi various platforms which makes it easy for store owners to use MailChimp along with their choice of platforms. Mailchimp automatically syncs your customers and orders to a mailing list and releases automated campaigns notifying them about new product additions, offers, etc. It also enables ecommerce tracking for measuring the Return on Investments (ROI) and track on how well your Marketing campaigns perform. Here we will be looking into how to integrate Magento 2 with MailChimp.
It is to be noted that MailChimp does not support custom created product types and also Magento's Grouped, Bundled and Gift Card product types. Before you start integrating Magento 2 with MailChimp, it is always recommended to backup entire site.
Download MailChimp for Magento 2:
1. Navigate to https://marketplace.magento.com/mailchimp-mc-magento2.html
3. Click on Add to Cart button. The product will get added to your Shopping Cart.
4. Click on the Sign In link in the top right corner.
5. Enter the Email and Password to login to your Magento.com account.
6. Click on the Shopping Cart icon and click on the "Proceed to Checkout" button.
7. Click on "Place Order" button on the checkout page.
8. Once the order is successfully placed, click on the dropdown near your name and click My Profile.
9. Click on "My Purchases" under "My Products".
10. Click on the "Download" button with respect to MailChimp.
11. This would download a zip file.
Steps to get your Magento access keys:
1. Login to your Magento.com account.
2. Click on the Marketplace tab.
3. Click on Access Keys under My Products.
4. Choose the Magento 2 tab and click on the "Create A New Access Key" button.
5. Enter a name identifier for your access keys.
6. Once you click on the Ok button, a new Public and Private key pair would get created. Copy these values and enter it in the Magento admin panel.
1. Login to your server via SSH.
2. Navigate to your Magento 2 installation directory using the cd command.
3. Navigate to app/code directory using the cd command.
4. Create a directory called as Ebizmarts and enter into it.
5. Create a directory called as MailChimp and enter into it.
6. Unzip the Mailchimp Extension zip file that you downloaded from Magento Marketplace.
7. Upload all the files to the app/code/Ebizmarts/MailChimp directory.
8. Now go to the docroot (Magento installation root directory) of your Magento and execute the following commands in sequence:
a. composer require ebizmarts/mailchimp-lib
b. php bin/magento setup:upgrade
c. php bin/magento setup:di:compile
d. php bin/magento setup:static-content:deploy –f
e. php bin/magento cache:flush
f. php bin/magento cache:clean
9. Execute the below command and ensure that there is an entry "Ebizmarts_MailChimp" in the List of enabled modules:
a. php bin/magento module:status
10. If "Ebizmarts_MailChimp" is in the List of enabled modules, then it just means that the module is installed successfully. If not, then you will have to check whether you have followed the installation steps properly.
Configure and Connect MailChimp:
1. You will have to first create a MailChimp account.
2. Login to you MailChimp Account.
3. Click on the down arrow near your Name on the top right corner.
4. Click on the Account menu item.
5. Click on the "Create A Key" button under the "Your API Keys" section.
6. Copy the API Key.
7. Now login to Magento Admin Panel.
8. Navigate to MailChimp -> Configuration.
9. Enter the API Key in the API Key list textarea and choose the API Key from the dropdown. Click on the "Save Config" button.
10. On the MailChimp website Dashboard page, click on the "Create List" button. Enter the respective details and create new Audience (List).
11. On the Magento Admin panel, Navigate to MailChimp -> Mailchimp Stores.
12. Click on "Create New Mailchimp Store" button.
13. Select the API key and choose the List which you would like to Sync. Enter the other details & address information and tap on Save button to create a new MailChimp Store.
14. Go to MailChimp -> Configuration. On the "MailChimp Store" dropdown, select the MailChimp store that you created. Also select the MailChimp List and save the configurations.
15. If you want to have Two Way Synchronization of data, you can enable the same by specifying “Yes” in the "Enable Two Way Sync" dropdown.
Thats it!! Your Magento website is now connected to MailChimp. To verify that you site is connected to MailChimp, login to MailChimp and click on Connected Sites option from the dropdown on the top right corner.