Greeting your customers with a good welcome text is a basic ecommerce feature and Magento allows you to update the welcome message easily from the backend. It is to be noted that once the customer logs in to the site, the welcome message will be displayed along with the name of the customer and when the customer is not logged in, a default welcome message will be displayed.
Below are the steps that you could follow to change the welcome message:
- Login to Magento Admin Panel
- Navigate to Content -> Design -> Configuration
- Click on the Edit link in the row that denotes the store view for which you want to change the welcome message.
- Scroll down and expand the Header section.
- You can change the Welcome Text field to update the welcome message.