It is necessary to specify your Store information like phone number, address, VAT Number, etc in your Magento ecommerce store so that it can be used in Sales documents and other communications like emails, print PDF, etc. Store information includes adding phone number, country, region/state, zip code, VAT number, etc. You can easily update this information from the Magento 2 Admin Panel.
Below are the steps to setup Store Information in Magento 2:
- Login to Magento 2 Admin Panel.
- Navigate to Stores -> Settings -> Configuration.
- Click on General under General. Expand the Store Information section.
Here you can specify the following information:
- Store Name that you want to be mentioned in all communications.
- Store Phone Number in the format that you prefer to be displayed.
- Store Hours of Operation in a small text. Ex: Mon-Fri, 9 AM to 5 PM.
- Country in which your store is located.
- Region/State within the country.
- ZIP/Postal Code of your store location.
- City in which you operate.
- Street Address of your store and if it is 2 line, then specify it Street Address 2.
- VAT Number of your store. You can click on the Validate VAT Number button if you want to verify your VAT number.
Updating store information can include such details in the communication mediums and hence your customer can reach out to you if needed.